This is a hearty nutrient dense dish that serves as the perfect accompaniment to a grilled piece of fish or as a stand alone meal for vegetarians.
Butter, 1 Tablespoon (vegan use olive or coconut oil)
Olive oil, 1 Tablespoon
Green Onion, 2 Sprigs chopped
Carrots, 1/2 cup – finely chopped using high power blender or food processor
Pecans, roasted and chopped, 1/2 cup (I buy pre-roasted and chopped)
Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic, 1-2 cloves finely chopped
Brown Basmati rice, 1 cup dry, cooked according to package directions
Parsley, chopped, 1/3 cup
1. Start by cooking rice according to package directions. While rice cooking gather and prepare above ingredients.
2. In a large skillet, melt oils on medium heat until hot. Add green onion and carrots and gently saute for 5 minutes until soft but not browned.
3. Add pecans, and saute another 2 minutes.
4. Add garlic, saute for the final 1 minute.
5. Turn off heat and blend salt into the cooked mixture and let sit until rice is cooked.
6. Add cooked rice and chopped parsley to cooked vegetable and nut mixture and toss well.